We won our first blog award! How VERY exciting! :) Our delightful and talented friend Jill from Blue Gate Farms gave us this great award. Thanks Jill!
So, we are supposed to list 5 addictions....here goes!
1) First one is easy. Any and all dairy products from our fantastic neighbors at Picket Fence Creamery. With 25 varieties of homemade ice cream, handmade Jersey Milk butter, the world's best chocolate milk, and a handmade cheeseball that is simply out of this world - well frankly, it's amazing we aren't each 300 lbs!!!!
2) Secondly, we're spoiled by some amazing goat cheese - Chevre from Reichert's Dairy Aire, and the amazing aged cheese (and the divine chocolate sauce) from Northern Prairie Chevre.
3) GOUDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have NOT tasted gouda cheese until you have tasted this divine stuff from Frisian Farms. Iam SOOOOO delighted that Picket Fence Creamery carries it now - I was buying it every chance I got at the Downtown Farmer's Market, but....having it available next door is even better!
4) Wine from Prairie Moon Winery in Ames. Every variety is delicious, but in particular I recommend the Marechel Foch Reserve. I really, really want to try the Winter Moon Ice Wine. Maybe someday!
5) COFFEE!!! Donna likes it light, Maggie likes it thick and dark, and we both enjoy it with generous dollops of pure Picket Fence Jersey Cream (no wussy half and half or - *shudder* MILK!) Home roasted fair trade organic is the best!
Okay! Let's see - and to pass the award along, I nominate Tina at The Essential Herbal, for her inspiring writing, Susan at Farm at Coventry for her astounding photos, and Sarah at Wallypop for her fantastic natural goods for babies, as well as her excellent blog posts about CIPSA.