Saturday, May 02, 2009
We have DOZENS of varieties of herb plants for sale - $4.00 per 4 inch pot. Many kinds of basils, thymes, mints, lavenders, sages and rosemaries. We have exotics such as patchouli, lemongrass, stevia, pineapple sage, lemon verbena, white sage and vanilla grass. Plus all your tried and true favorites - parsley, oregano, marjoram, savory....a wonderful selection!
We also have peppers and heirloom tomatoes, many varieties, available in both singles and 4-packs.
Guest vendors: Zoko Jewelry with beautiful affordable handmade sterling silver jewelry.
Sally Kilkenny will have her delicious homemade jams - they are divine!!
Local reflexologist Lisa Carstens will be on hand offering mini-reflexology sessions.
Fiber artist Traci Leff from Triple Moon Farm will be doing weaving demonstrations, and will have some wonderful hand-woven goods for sale!
Our sample basket is jam-packed with assorted samples - try our soaps, shampoo bars, bath salts and more - for FREE!
Our MAY LUXURY SOAP OF THE MONTH - a spectacular, feminine Rose Geranium soap - will be available for purchase starting tomorrow.
We have a fantastic selection of Mother's Day gifts, and as always, are offering free gift-wrapping on all items!
Kiddos can pet the mini-horses, cats and dogs - the weather is going to be gorgeous, so come on out to Woodward for a great afternoon!
Friday, May 01, 2009
Today, we'll talk about Flowers by Donna Jean....a great business located in the heart of Woodward. It's a gorgeous business and well worth a visit!
Join us in our renovated 1800s Building, complete with restored tin ceilings and wood floors. Browse over 3000 sq. feet of Period & Shabby Chic furniture.
Antiques & Collectibles
Beautiful Garden Art
Large Selection of Willow Tree Angels
Blue & White Pottery, Green & Blooming Plants Featuring local artists......
Native American Lakota art work by Michael "White Feather"
Moon Dance Jewelry by Kelly Moore
Hand Blown glass by Art Ciccott, and others.
We will be handing out a Touch of Spring and Free popcorn for the Kids.
Mothers Day is just around the corner!! Order your Outdoor planters or Hanging Baskets. More than just a full Service Florist!
For more information, call 525-438-2557.
Torchsong Studio will be hosting the 10th and final week of our blog contest.
A lead free pewter garden pin with a little glass ladybug charm in the middle and garden tools on either side.
Just comment on this, or any of the other blogs participating for a chance to win one of ten pins to be given away. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE A CONTACT email.
Remember all of the blogs below are participating, so visit all of them and post to increase your chances of winning.
The Essential Herbal magazine subscription
Garden Chick - fairy cookie kit
SunRose Aromatics - facial exfoliant and liquid soap
Herbs from the Labyrinth - tea sampler
Patti's Potions - lip balms
PrairieLand Herbs - healing wand
Aquarian Bath - lip balm and soap
The Rosemary House - Bertha Reppert's "Twelve Month Herbal"
Nature's Gift - purse-sized inhalers & inhalation blend
Torchsong Studio Our final contest - check back for the list of winners!
Thanks everyone for participating and for playing!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
They are only a short drive from Picket Fence Creamery, and are offering some cool stuff this Sunday. Check it out!
Sample Sunday at Lake Robbins Ballroom 1.00pm - 4.00pm
FREE Samples –
Some of our Wedding Choices
Sample Wedding Display & Information.
FREE sample dance lessons 2.00 - 3.00pm
Regular dance lesson – basic Swing, 4.00 - 5.00pm, $5 per person
Dance Big Band, 6.00 - 10.00pm, $8 cover (Al Wells)
We’re open every weekend! Fri. & Sat. varies (dances, weddings, banquets)
BUT every Sunday is Live Big Band Music, 6.00 - 10.00pm
New ballroom dance lessons 3.00 - 4.00pm Basic, 4.00 - 5.00pm Basic II
$5 each dance lesson per person
Just show – no signing up
For more information, visit their Website
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
We have a fantastic Sample Sunday coming up Sunday, May 3rd. FIVE different businesses are participating! (Remember to bookmark our new Central Iowa Small Farm website and check back each month for new details). Each business has their own specials, events, guest vendors and samples, so I though I'd blog about one per today.
Celebrate Spring with Northern Prairie Chevre
All of the kids have been born, our short respite is over, the girls are back in milk, and we’re in cheese production. So, it must be time to begin open houses once again!
· Cyd from Cyd’s Catering in
· Relax in the front yard while listening to Saturn V, a jazz band from
· Visit with Larry and Barry from Quilted Gardens Nursery about your flower garden needs. They’ll have bulbs, plants and many unique items for sale.
· Chris from Snus Hill Winery has samples of their award-winning wines, the newest is made with their own grapes – all for sale in Miss Tillie’s!
· Stevie from Tassel Ridge Winery will sample several of their award winning wines – also available in Miss Tillie’s.
· Louise, our “Chicken Chat” note card creator will be available to show you her note cards with women to women social expression messages. They’re delightful!
· Sheeder Farms meats and eggs are available. Check out the selection.
· Mary Boyvey, Hoopnotica Certified instructor will be offering free classes on the hour, and have hoops available for all ages to try and/or purchase
· Pat from Randol Honey will be sampling her delicious creamed honey.
· Various cuts of elk from Skeeter Creek Elk
· We now have Denison Mustards in several flavors.
· NEW – Café Diem Coffee House coffees and chai
· Kids – enjoy the swings and sand box in the front yard and be sure to visit all the babies!! They’ll amuse you with their sweet personalities and antics!
· Come on in to Miss Tillie’s for samples of our cheese and MUCH MORE!
When: Sunday, May 3 , Rain or shine!!Where: