Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnne more rhubarb recipe post. Becuase I simply can't resist. (And because, shamelessly, I use this blog and my personal one as a sort of personal online recipe book - an easy way for me to refer back to recipes I may want to use again, or try when I have more time, etc.).

Rhubarb Ginger Syrup with Tequila. *swoon*  (I have not tried this yet, but really want to make a rhubarb lime simple syrup, as I think a rhubarb margarita would be really, really good.)

Crosswinds Farm Rhubarb Jam.

And, last but not least, alternative uses for rhurbarb: hair dye, for papermaking, or insecticide! I also believe rhubarb leaves work as a mordant for natural dyes. I will have to consult my dyeing books to be sure. Anyone tried this?

1 comment:

Miss Effie said...

OK -- I wasn't going to admit it. But the county seat of the county I grew up in ...... has a rhubarb fest. Yep, Maggie... you could get your fill of rhubarb.

http://www.aledomainstreet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=30

If you go around the "square" -- just realize that was what we did over and over again on Saturday night. Yes ... it was pathetic.