Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today's post is all about condiments.

(today's post is all about shamelessly using other people's recipes and pictures. ha.)

Abby posted this amazing mustard recipe! I had actually meant to make mustard before Christmas, to use as gifts, but never got around to it. However, I'm glad I didn't, because her recipe honestly looks better than any I'd found online. And before you ask. Mustard seed can be bought at any bulk herb supplier...I got mine locally from Penzeys. I love Penzeys. Love, love, love. LOVE!

And last night, made my first Aioli! Which, for those of you that don't know, is a homemade garlic mustard. I used this recipe, and dipped some homemade oven fries in it. SO. FREAKING. GOOD. I really do just want to dip everything in it. It wasn't hard to make, either. I used a stick blender, and I was out of lemons, so I used a lemon balm and chive blossom infused vinegar instead of the lemon juice (worked great).

No comments: