WOW! I just got the info from Kathy, at Northern Prairie Chevre - they sure are going all out for this birthday bash! Here is the info about what is going with our neighbors to the north this Sunday, Sept 16th - come on out and see all 3 farms, it's going to be a fabulous weekend!
• Relax to the music of Des Moines’s own Free Style - performing from 1:00 – 4:00 on the front lawn. They will be playing a combination of jazz, classic rock, big band, etc. Pull up a chair, enjoy some cheese, snacks and a bottle of wine!
• Matt from Prairie Moon Winery in Ames as well as Deb from Tassel Ridge Winery will be on hand to sample their delicious wines. Take a bottle home with you!
• Milton from Sheeder Farms will be grilling and selling sandwiches.
• Lois from Larson Maple Syrups in Stratford will sample their syrup and offer recipes.
• It’s still planting season! Quilted Garden’s Nursery from DSM will have hostas, prairie grasses and much more.
• Browse the iron creations of Anthofer Family Farms. Planters, holiday decorations, GOAT FACES!!! and much more to choose from – special orders are accepted.
• Pat from Randol Honey will be sampling her delicious creamed honeys in many flavors.
• We have steaks, chops, elk, lamb & more from local Iowa producers. LOTS and LOTS of samples to enjoy!!!
• Bring your 2-legged kids to visit our 4-legged kids and girls. Gary will show either a kidding or milking video in the parlor.
• Kids – swing, play in the sand box or decorate our sidewalk! Enter our “best goat picture” contest and win a free stuffed plush goat!!
• To celebrate our anniversary, we’re offering 10% off all non-food items in the store! AND check out our new cheese flavor!